Week 1 of 2012.... Attack of the Closet!

How has your 2012 been so far, mine not to bad! I started working through my list of home organization. Last week I attacked my odly shapped closet, that has been a dump all closet since we moved in 3 years ago. When I say oddly I mean odd, its shaped like a triangle and we never could figure out how to use it. I had one plan for it and as I created the shelving for it I realized it was much larger then the closet so that option was out the door. So then I went to option 2, a different shelving solution (smaller). My plan was to use this closet as a place to store my baking supplies and equipment. The vision for this closet isn't complete as Tom has decided to attempt to build built in shelves, which was the plan all along. So I guess im not holding my breath but hope it happens....

So here is what it looked liked the past 3 years!

If you look at the bottom of the pile, guess what is there... yep thats right light bulbs and some how they were put there when we moved in and stuff just piled on top. Not sure how but they were just fine after I moved the pile off of them. Crazy!

Ok so here is the after:
Can you hear the birds singing....


I don't have a full pull back pic of the closet because its not complete yet. The shelving is awsome and I love that it holds all of my baking stuff and equipment. The great thing is that I can pull the drawers out and take them to the kitchen when I need the items in them. So heres to keeping this closet organized. I can't wait for the built in shelves now if I could just get Tom to build them.

Heres to organizing. Today im on PTO and plan to attack my neglegted office. I cleaned up the surfaces last weekend but now I need to organize and purge. My walk in closet has been a dumping ground and you can barley get two feet into it, so I plan to attack! Stay tuned for pics on that project. Its amazing how you feel knowing your house is clean and organize... So far loving 2012.

LC

0 comments:

Post a Comment