My Most recent projects...

So as you all know I'm trying to get my house in order (organized that is!) We've had some weekends at home which is rare for us and Ive been taking advantage and getting to some places in my house that I haven't put any attention to. As I stated in my last post I have a big list of to do's for 2012 and one of them was attacking my walk in closet in my office (it has not been a walk in closet for months). Well I finally took a day and attacked full force.

Some of you maybe wondering if this Blog is a photography blog or a personal blog these days, well don't worry its still a Photography blog its just this time of year is a slow time but I have projects coming up and hope to post some Photo session images soon. I've been inspired by a variety of DIY'ers in Blog land (inspired lets really call it obsessed). One of my two favorites are:



 These ladies amaze me with there wonderful organize homes that aren't just organized but pretty all at the same time. Although I would love to be a stay at home mom to be able to do this stuff every day I can at least get great inspiration from them. There are a ton of Blogs out there that have great inspiration. One of my non favorite places is PINTREST... Ever heard of it, if you haven't your missing out. My Husband now just roles his eyes when he asks me what I'm looking at online or on my IPhone and when I respond "PINTREST" I just get the role. I love that I can pin every thing I love online and have one place to go and see it all. Instead of saying, "what was the name of that web page where I saw that idea or that recipe". I JUST LOVE IT. If you'd like to see what I've been pinning or follow me click below!

Pinterest Logo

Ok so back to what I have been up to...

The dreaded walk in closet. (disclosure... do not hold these images against me as I used my IPhone to take them, I was to lazy to get my DSLR out....)

Before:

(I realized as I started to remove things that I forgot to take a true before pic, but I think you can see how crazy this space got)

 During:

 I decided to separate all of things in my closet by categories, above is everything for wrapping gifts and cards.
 Gifts (I quickly realized that I had a ton of gifts that I have yet to use for people, I find deals and I buy it thinking I will have some one to give it to in the future however I continue to stash and forget and just buy new items when I need a gift).
 Camera boxes, frames and electronic items...
 To the left, craft projects.

All Cleaned out and a clear slate:
 I had bought the below stacked shelving for our hall closet however my measurements were way off, but I am so thankful because it works so much better in this closet, and boy did I need it.
 AFTER:

 All of my props for Photography where either on the floor or outside of my closet before, now they are all in the closet on the shelves or at the bottom of the shelves, I'm loving it.
 I used baskets to hold the my baby gifts in one and the other I used for older kid gifts, now there is no reason I can't tell what gifts I have and don't. Know I just need some kids to give it to.
After I organize a space I just sit back and soak it in, that night I just kept looking at it and would sigh with relief. My kids want to play in it and I quickly respond "OUT, we don't play in here". I know, I'm a mean Mom but all that hard work would be destroyed in 2 seconds. The one thing I did realize is that I am not allowing myself to buy any more craft projects until I complete those that I have bought and have yet to even start or finish.

Well I hope that I inspire you to attack a space that you have been putting off like I did.

LIVE, LOVE, LIFE...
LC

0 comments:

Post a Comment